Thread poster: Exactexte (X)
Exactexte (X)
Exactexte (X)
Canada
Local time: 03:26
French to English
+ ...
Sep 15, 2016

This question might have been asked before but I couldn't find it.

I have a PowerPoint file to translate, in MemoQ, but the client wants only the slides translated, not the notes, which are fairly extensive. Is there a way to hide the notes, as you would untranslatable sections in Word or Excel, so they don't show up in the translation window?

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:26
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Import with options (without notes) Sep 15, 2016

Copying and pasting for the memoQ help:
How to begin

In the Translations pane of Project home, click Import With Options on the Documents ribbon tab. Or, when setting up a new project, on the Translation documents page of the New memoQ project wizard, click Import with options.... Then, select one or more files to import: the Document Import Settings dialog appears.

To access this dialog when reimporting a document, select the document in the Translati... See more
Copying and pasting for the memoQ help:
How to begin

In the Translations pane of Project home, click Import With Options on the Documents ribbon tab. Or, when setting up a new project, on the Translation documents page of the New memoQ project wizard, click Import with options.... Then, select one or more files to import: the Document Import Settings dialog appears.

To access this dialog when reimporting a document, select the document in the Translations pane of Project home, and click Reimport on the Documents ribbon tab.

When importing the PPT into a memoQ project, just import it unchecking the notes.

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015-100/help-en/index.html?microsoft_powerpoint_presentat.html

[Edited at 2016-09-15 21:59 GMT]
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:26
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
It works Sep 16, 2016

Thank you, I was not aware of that option.

To get there, I had to select "Change filter and configuration" in the "Import with options" window.

[Edited at 2016-09-16 14:20 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hiding PowerPoint notes

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »