Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
Powwow: Boston - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Boston - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Ticiana Massi Grenga
Ticiana Massi Grenga  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:26
Member (2018)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Freelancer from Rhode Island Feb 27, 2017

Hi,
I am translator English > Portuguese (BR) and I live in RI. I would like to try to go to the powwow. My routine is crazy... Also, it will depend on location.
Looking forward to see people out of this screen.

Peipei Xiang
Peipei Xiang  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Freelancer from Rhode Island Feb 27, 2017

Hi Taciana,

Welcome. It would be great to meet you in Boston! It'll probably be somewhere in downtown Boston. I was thinking that if the weather is nice enough, we can meet at a park, such as Public Garden, or the Copley Square area. If it's too cold, wet or windy to be outside, we can find a cafe in the downtown area. Hope you can join us!

Where in Rhode Island are you from? I just went to Newport this weekend and I love it there!

Ticiana Massi Grenga wrote:

Hi,
I am translator English > Portuguese (BR) and I live in RI. I would like to try to go to the powwow. My routine is crazy... Also, it will depend on location.
Looking forward to see people out of this screen.

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Powwow Boston Feb 27, 2017

Peipei:
If it is under 20 members taking part in the powwow, I can ask if the school department can allow me to use the school conference room and the office area for the event. The Josiah Quincy Elementary School where I am working is located at the edge of Boston Downtown and Chinatown area. I think it is ideal for the occasion. Please let me know. You can find the location of the school o
... See more
Peipei:
If it is under 20 members taking part in the powwow, I can ask if the school department can allow me to use the school conference room and the office area for the event. The Josiah Quincy Elementary School where I am working is located at the edge of Boston Downtown and Chinatown area. I think it is ideal for the occasion. Please let me know. You can find the location of the school on the website - http://www.jqselementary.org/
P.K.
Collapse

Peipei Xiang
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Powwow Boston Feb 27, 2017

Hi P.K.

I think it'll probably be less than 20 people attending. The Josiah Quicny Elementary School is at a central location and it's definitely a good option if you want to go ahead and ask. I'll send out an email to all the people that have expressed interest to propose possible locations soon. Thank you in advance.

pkchan wrote:

Peipei:
If it is under 20 members taking part in the powwow, I can ask if the school department can allow me to use the school conference room and the office area for the event. The Josiah Quincy Elementary School where I am working is located at the edge of Boston Downtown and Chinatown area. I think it is ideal for the occasion. Please let me know. You can find the location of the school on the website - http://www.jqselementary.org/
P.K.

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Boston Powwow Feb 28, 2017

Peipei,

I got an OK from the Principal of the School to use the school office and the conference room for the Powwow. Please send me an e-mail for further planning and necessary arrangement.

P.K.

Peipei Xiang
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Boston Powwow Feb 28, 2017

Hi P.K.,

Thanks. I'll send an email to everyone shortly.

pkchan wrote:

Peipei,

I got an OK from the Principal of the School to use the school office and the conference room for the Powwow. Please send me an e-mail for further planning and necessary arrangement.

P.K.

Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)
Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)  Identity Verified
United States
English to Danish
+ ...
Boston Powwow Mar 3, 2017

Hello everyone,
I would love to come, but have a family member in bad health, which might prevent me from coming. I am a Danish translator and have lived in the Boston area for 22 years. I am also on the board of NETA (New England Translators Association) and would love to give a little spiel about it to anyone who is not familiar with what we do.
I hope to meet you all on the 11.
Alice

Peipei Xiang
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Boston Powwow Mar 3, 2017

Hi Alice,

We hope to see you then!

Alice Wolfe, DDS wrote:

Hello everyone,
I would love to come, but have a family member in bad health, which might prevent me from coming. I am a Danish translator and have lived in the Boston area for 22 years. I am also on the board of NETA (New England Translators Association) and would love to give a little spiel about it to anyone who is not familiar with what we do.
I hope to meet you all on the 11.
Alice

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Powwow Boston Mar 7, 2017

Peipei,

This is the message I sent to you yesterday. I think you missed that.

Suggestions:

10:00-10:30 am Warm Up/Social Gathering Session at Josiah Quincy School
!0:30-12:30 pm Presentation and Small Talks
12:30-2:00 pm Lunch Session at a Chinese Tea House Restaurant in Chinatown

P.K.

Sybil Gilchrist
Sybil Gilchrist  Identity Verified
United States
French to English
Looking forward to the Powwow Mar 8, 2017

Hi Peipei,
I translate from French>English. I recently completed a Translation Internship through Solidarités International. The following links provide information on the internship process:
http://www.proz.com/forum/solidarités/308816-feedback_on_the_translation_of_sis_2016_annual_report_sol90.html#2605115
... See more
Hi Peipei,
I translate from French>English. I recently completed a Translation Internship through Solidarités International. The following links provide information on the internship process:
http://www.proz.com/forum/solidarités/308816-feedback_on_the_translation_of_sis_2016_annual_report_sol90.html#2605115 and
http://www.proz.com/forum/solidarités/309404-subtitles_for_sis_fundraising_videos.html#2609345
Collapse

Ticiana Massi Grenga
United States
Member (2018)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 8, 2017

[Edited at 2017-03-08 14:19 GMT]

Ticiana Massi Grenga
United States
Member (2018)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hi Peipei Mar 8, 2017

Hi Peipei,
I am sorry I did not answer you. I did not see your reply.
I live in Cumberland, very close to the capital, Providence. Newport is about 40 minutes from here. Rhode Island has nice beaches. We like Narraganset beaches (and also the clam cakes!), but Newport is a very beautiful place. It seems like Einstein liked to navigate that waters.

I am not sure yet if I can attend the Powwow. My daughter had the flu last week and now I am seek. And, of course, with work to d
... See more
Hi Peipei,
I am sorry I did not answer you. I did not see your reply.
I live in Cumberland, very close to the capital, Providence. Newport is about 40 minutes from here. Rhode Island has nice beaches. We like Narraganset beaches (and also the clam cakes!), but Newport is a very beautiful place. It seems like Einstein liked to navigate that waters.

I am not sure yet if I can attend the Powwow. My daughter had the flu last week and now I am seek. And, of course, with work to delivery very soon. I will know better closer to the weekend.
I am looking forward to meet everybody.
Collapse

Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)
Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)  Identity Verified
United States
English to Danish
+ ...
Meeting place Mar 8, 2017

In answer to Peipei's email, I would suggest we met at the school. But where at the school?

Peipei Xiang
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Where to Meet at the School Mar 8, 2017

Hi P.K.,

Where should we meet at the school if we decide to meet there? Thanks.

pkchan wrote:

Peipei,

This is the message I sent to you yesterday. I think you missed that.

Suggestions:

10:00-10:30 am Warm Up/Social Gathering Session at Josiah Quincy School
!0:30-12:30 pm Presentation and Small Talks
12:30-2:00 pm Lunch Session at a Chinese Tea House Restaurant in Chinatown

P.K.

Peipei Xiang
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
So quiet here... Mar 9, 2017

I'm not sure if people are signed up to receive updates about this powwow. I'm starting to wonder how many people will actually come on Saturday. It's going to be super cold too.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Boston - United States

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »