English to Arabic translation appears reversed.
Thread poster: Omer faruk apak
Omer faruk apak
Omer faruk apak  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:29
Member (2018)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Jul 8, 2017

The problem is I have to translate a text with a lot of codes. ı have to keep codes as they are, and only translate the words between them.However, no matter how hard I try, when I add \n and for example a number like %12, the text order goes corrupt.

I can't copypaste anything on the correct order, it just pushes the copypasted word, or number to the wrong place.

I tried to add english as a target language in addition to arabic and it's the same.

I tri
... See more
The problem is I have to translate a text with a lot of codes. ı have to keep codes as they are, and only translate the words between them.However, no matter how hard I try, when I add \n and for example a number like %12, the text order goes corrupt.

I can't copypaste anything on the correct order, it just pushes the copypasted word, or number to the wrong place.

I tried to add english as a target language in addition to arabic and it's the same.

I tried to write the text in rtl enabled word file and copy paste on trados, and it's the same.

There are thousands of lines that I must finish, but I am really struggling to translate each one of them. It appears a very ridiculous problem, but it affects all my daily capacity. I omitted the lines so far.
Collapse

Sorour
Sorour
Local time: 10:29
Italian to Arabic
+ ...
file format? Jul 8, 2017

what type of file it is?

Omer faruk apak
Türkiye
Member (2018)
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's excell. Jul 8, 2017

it is an excell file.

Omer faruk apak
Türkiye
Member (2018)
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SOLVED Jul 10, 2017

For anyone who might need help with this issue: use the home button then in the formatting section you will see LRM and RLM settings. You can swift between directions this way in the same sentence without any problem.

Hend El-Tekya

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English to Arabic translation appears reversed.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »