Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
When will the new version of TO3000 ("Translation Office 3D"?) be released?
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:07
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update: I'm switching from TO3000 to BaccS! May 7, 2017

If you're considering trying the new TO3000 3D beta, I would highly recommend also trying the amazing new Windows-based program called ‘BaccS’. It's way cheaper, and much better, and its (sole) developer has only been working on it for a few months. He implements features and fixes bugs within only days and is extremely enthusiastic and responsive.

BaccS has all kinds of useful features/things
... See more
If you're considering trying the new TO3000 3D beta, I would highly recommend also trying the amazing new Windows-based program called ‘BaccS’. It's way cheaper, and much better, and its (sole) developer has only been working on it for a few months. He implements features and fixes bugs within only days and is extremely enthusiastic and responsive.

BaccS has all kinds of useful features/things that TO3000 doesn't have, many of which, TO3000 users have been asking for for years. For example:

• BaccS has an amazing/clear calendar/scheduling pane, which is automatically linked to your Google calendar. Create a job, and it automatically pops up in your Google calendar, including an event on its deadline.
• It took AIT many years to finally add search functionality to TO3000, which is finally available in the 3D version. BaccS has had it from day one.
• AIT finally added a Dashboard to the 3D version, but it's all but useless. The Dashboard in the BaccS is so much better, and can be customized.
• BaccS has a plethora of themes, can make it look like anything you want
• There is a little notepad on the Dashboard, which I find very useful
• BaccS has a TO3000 data importer
• BaccS has a so-called "First-run assistant", to help you get started
• TO3000 3D automatically installs (1) Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express LocalDB (231MB) + (2) Microsoft SQL server 2012 Native Client (13.7MB), and can't run without them. Programs that install and need Microsoft SQL Server are never a good idea, unless absolutely necessary. Across, e.g., also forces you to install Microsoft SQL Server....
• Eugene/Yauhen implements features requested by BaccS users in mere days, and is extremely enthusiastic and responsive. Compare this with TO3000, which has several 5-year-old bugs that have never been fixed.
• BaccS has all kinds of automatic word stat and performance reports, and a work timer
• BaccS has an amazing Invoice Template editor
etc.

I own the current version of TO3000, but have never been happy with it, and am currently in the process of switching to BaccS. BaccS also has a fully functional TO3000 data importing tool, so you can switch from one to the other relatively easily, and just continue where you left off yesterday in TO3000.

BaccS-screenshot

BaccS-screenshot2

BaccS-screenshot3

http://www.ibaccs.com/

Michael

[Edited at 2017-05-07 20:10 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When will the new version of TO3000 ("Translation Office 3D"?) be released?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »