Carlos A R de Souza
Carlos A R de Souza  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:50
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 21, 2021

Hello, everyone,

I decided to post this issue here because it's driving me crazy.

Last year, I bought a MemoQ Translator Pro license. After installing Windows 10, I randomly stumbled upon the message "activation denined by the server (5)". Since January 2021, I've been needing to contact support at least once a month: especially when my computer reboots due to a system failure, MemoQ will just say my license is invalid.

THIS IS DOUBLY FRUSTRATING BECAUSE M
... See more
Hello, everyone,

I decided to post this issue here because it's driving me crazy.

Last year, I bought a MemoQ Translator Pro license. After installing Windows 10, I randomly stumbled upon the message "activation denined by the server (5)". Since January 2021, I've been needing to contact support at least once a month: especially when my computer reboots due to a system failure, MemoQ will just say my license is invalid.

THIS IS DOUBLY FRUSTRATING BECAUSE MY SMA HAS EXPIRED.

While MemoQ's support team has been helpful, this disrupts my workflow considerably, and I have an urgent project to be delivered. I just can't afford (literally) to wait for every time I need to run MemoQ, since this can cost a few hours, or even a day or two (MemoQ support doesn't work Sunday).

I need a more definitive solution than just rebuilding my license on the server side. Specifically, something that won't make me email the support team every month (or in this case, right the next day after the case was closed because I can't open MemoQ again). It can't be an issue with my computer, because I've never had any issues with SDL Trados (I have the Freelance Plus license).

[Edited at 2021-04-21 09:30 GMT]
Collapse

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Did you upgrade to 9.7? Apr 28, 2021

I've been needing to re-enter login and password manually to regain license since a day after upgrading to 9.7. Very annoying!

And support seems to be ignoring me, feels like they know it's a thing (when I had another issue, they literally sorted it 3 minutes after I submitted a request).

PS mine is a client-issued CAL license though

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! MemoQ keeps invalidating license!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »