Poll: How much work did you translate in relation with COVID-19 since the pandemic began?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Sep 29, 2020

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How much work did you translate in relation with COVID-19 since the pandemic began?".

This poll was originally submitted by Khaled Al-Shehari. View the poll results »

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:57
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Less than 40% Sep 29, 2020

So far, I’ve translated 25 documents relating to Covid-19, the last one today (a video message). I must say that most of these documents refer more to the ongoing economic crisis caused by Covid-19 than to the pandemic itself.

Christopher Schröder
Evelin Freitas

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 18:57
Chinese to English
+ ...
Hardly any Sep 29, 2020

Maybe a couple of documents a month, but never more than a handful.

Philippe Etienne

Nuno Rosalino
Nuno Rosalino
United Kingdom
Member (2012)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Quite a bit Sep 29, 2020

Giving a percentage estimate isn't the easiest, but back when the reality of the disease really started hitting home, it seemed absolutely everyone was putting out statements. During the first couple of months, I had a lot of work coming my way from direct clients for those, but things eventually subsided considerably and I don't think I've had any COVID stuff to translate in the last couple of months.

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
Local time: 11:57
English to German
In memoriam
Less than 10% Sep 29, 2020

There should be an option "Less than 10%" or "20%". While many of my end clients are posting Covid related content regularly (telling their customers about special responses to the crisis and so on), the volume of standard, non Covid related content has not changed much and is still more than 90% of my work.

Angie Garbarino
Aisha Maniar
Philippe Etienne

Aline Amorim
Aline Amorim  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:57
English to Portuguese
+ ...
40% Sep 29, 2020

I translate OSMS Medical Supplies Guide translations on the OSMS Website's documents.

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:57
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
A bit Sep 29, 2020

I can't give a percentage.

At the start of the quarantine I had a couple of large jobs related to the medical aspect of the pandemic.

Recently I've been translating marketing material for one of the biggest online learning companies in Latin America. Good luck to them.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
None Sep 30, 2020

"How much work did you translate in relation TO COVID-19 since the pandemic began?"

None.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Now that you’ve derailed it... Sep 30, 2020

Tom in London wrote:
"How much work did you translate in relation TO COVID-19 since the pandemic began?"

Surely, Tom, you mean “How much work HAVE YOU TRANSLATED...”?

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
rong Sep 30, 2020

Chris S wrote:

Tom in London wrote:

Surely, Tom, you mean “How much work HAVE YOU TRANSLATED...”?

your rong

Christopher Schröder

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How much work did you translate in relation with COVID-19 since the pandemic began?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »