Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:42
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
May 18, 2018

I translated a file and when I finished I remembered the customer wants a TM. So I created a new TM, added it in project settings (update checked) and performed both "batch tasks > update main translation memories and update project translation memories.
Nothing happens, the new TM stays empty. What can I do?

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Check the update checkbox May 18, 2018

Hi Heinrich.
Make sure the update checkbox is checked and remove all other TMs related with this project.
Then, confirm (Ctrl+Enter) 1 or 2 segments in the Editor to the new TM.
Once this is done, the batch job "update the project TM" should work.
Good luck.

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nothing happens May 18, 2018

I simply saved the main tm to tmx, removed the older parts (190000 segments) and imported the rest into the new TM.
I really wonder what these functions are for, I never could make them perform anything.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Option B May 18, 2018

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
So I created a new TM, added it in project settings (update checked) and ... Nothing happens, the new TM stays empty. What can I do?

Option B: In the Translation Memories "tab", right-click the TM and select "Import", and then import the SDLXLIFF files. You can import multiple files at once.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Select what is sent to the TM May 18, 2018

In the wizard after you selected one of the "Update TM" batch tasks ("batch tasks" being a quite misleading term) did you review what kind of segments would be sent to the TM? You can select which states you want to be included: for example, you might want to put in the TM only "Translation Approved" or "Signed Off" segments.

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good advice! May 18, 2018

Samuel Murray wrote:

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
So I created a new TM, added it in project settings (update checked) and ... Nothing happens, the new TM stays empty. What can I do?

Option B: In the Translation Memories "tab", right-click the TM and select "Import", and then import the SDLXLIFF files. You can import multiple files at once.

Hope I remember this next time.

Everything is checked, I use the default settings. All segments are translated but nothing will update.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to really update new TM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »