SDL 2017 error saving Excel file - object reference not set to an instance of an object
Thread poster: Vincent Lemma
Vincent Lemma
Vincent Lemma  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:25
Italian to English
+ ...
May 18, 2018

Hello All,
I have a large Excel 2007-2016 worksheet that I am translating in SDL 2017. I get the error mentioned in the title when I try to save a target.
I have really tried everything:

- changing project settings by unticking EXCEL 2003-2007 and ticking EXCEL 2007-2016
- running VERIFY for errors
- opening and closing SDL
- splitting the file into two and creating a new project then pre-translating in Batch tasks.

Nothing!

A
... See more
Hello All,
I have a large Excel 2007-2016 worksheet that I am translating in SDL 2017. I get the error mentioned in the title when I try to save a target.
I have really tried everything:

- changing project settings by unticking EXCEL 2003-2007 and ticking EXCEL 2007-2016
- running VERIFY for errors
- opening and closing SDL
- splitting the file into two and creating a new project then pre-translating in Batch tasks.

Nothing!

Any solves for this really bothersome error?

Kindly,

Vincent
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:25
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Vincent May 18, 2018

This has been discussed so many times in this forum - have you made a search?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2017 error saving Excel file - object reference not set to an instance of an object

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »