Translating xml in Trados
Thread poster: Kate Roberts
Kate Roberts
Kate Roberts
Local time: 00:50
German to English
Oct 11, 2018

I am trying to translate an xml file in Trados (2015 Freelance). When I import and translate, everything is fine, except that when I generate the target file, the comments lines lose their line break so the comments all run on from the line before.

Researching seeming to indicate it might be something to do with the whitespace setting, but I have set 'Whitespace' to 'always preserve' in all the file options I can find in the project settings, but still have the same problem.
T
... See more
I am trying to translate an xml file in Trados (2015 Freelance). When I import and translate, everything is fine, except that when I generate the target file, the comments lines lose their line break so the comments all run on from the line before.

Researching seeming to indicate it might be something to do with the whitespace setting, but I have set 'Whitespace' to 'always preserve' in all the file options I can find in the project settings, but still have the same problem.
There is also some indication from earlier posts that it might be necessary to “change the 'Tag type' for the element 'root' to 'structure'” but it's not clear where this should be done, nor can I find any indication in the help.
Can anyone advise me?
TIA

[Bearbeitet am 2018-10-11 23:25 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2018-10-11 23:26 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating xml in Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »