Do I use quotation marks or long hyphen when translating a dialogue into Spanish?
Thread poster: Blanca Collazo
Blanca Collazo
Blanca Collazo  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 19:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 5, 2020

I have never encountered a dialogue which takes place in a blog. There are two bloggers speaking on their laptops or computers. I know what to do when I translate a regular dialogue, but because it is not a face to face or phone conversation, I'm in doubt. So, Do I use the longer line as in a face to face dialogue, or do I use quotation marks since they are not face to face?
I believe it is the longer line, but I need some assurance. I searched the internet, but didn't find the answer.
... See more
I have never encountered a dialogue which takes place in a blog. There are two bloggers speaking on their laptops or computers. I know what to do when I translate a regular dialogue, but because it is not a face to face or phone conversation, I'm in doubt. So, Do I use the longer line as in a face to face dialogue, or do I use quotation marks since they are not face to face?
I believe it is the longer line, but I need some assurance. I searched the internet, but didn't find the answer.

Thank you,
Blanca Collazo
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do I use quotation marks or long hyphen when translating a dialogue into Spanish?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »