Thread poster: Omnia Abdelgani
Omnia Abdelgani
Omnia Abdelgani  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:17
English to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 10, 2011

Alsalomo alikom

My coputer writes arabic letters but only english numbers, even with the alt+ shift option . how canI make it wite arabic numbers? . I have the vista version. A friend recommnededusing the control panel and the regional settings for numbers but that did not work eithr.

[Edited at 2011-02-10 16:22 GMT]

Ghina
Ghina
United States
Local time: 14:17
English to Arabic
how to make my computer write numbers in Arabic Feb 10, 2011

Hi,
if you're in Word, go to commands, advanced, and then under numbers, choose "context".
good luck

Majyaf
Majyaf
Arabic to English
+ ...
Arabic numbers are the numbers we use these days as English Feb 10, 2011

IOMS wrote:

Alsalomo alikom

My coputer writes arabic letters but only english numbers, even with the alt+ shift option . how canI make it wite arabic numbers? . I have the vista version. A friend recommnededusing the control panel and the regional settings for numbers but that did not work eithr.

[Edited at 2011-02-10 16:22 GMT]

Wa-alaikum assalam

All what you need to know first is that the original Arabic Numbers are the English numbers we use these days, ONE in Arabic is this one = 1. What we use these days is the Hindi version. So in order to change, you must tell us what Office do you have, i.e is it 2007 or 2003 or the latest one 2010.

Ok for 2007 go to the upper left corner, the icon of Microsoft Office, then go to the right bottom of the drop down menu, where it says:
Word Options, then another window will open, go to advanced, then go to show document content, then go to Numeral, then choose Hindi don't choose Arabic, if you need what we do write these days.

I hope that help.

Regards

Omnia Abdelgani
Omnia Abdelgani  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:17
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Majyaf and Ghina Feb 16, 2011

thanks a lot it really worked. I chose context instead to help me with different text types.

Thank you Ghina but I could not find any icon titled command in my Word program

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to makemy PC write arabic numbers?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »