Update manager for translations
Thread poster: Jeff Morris (X)
Jeff Morris (X)
Jeff Morris (X)
Local time: 12:09
English
+ ...
Jan 20, 2006

I'm trying to work with a client, who wants a Content Management System. He also wants a program that will compare an original (updated) with a translation already made. (Meaning that the new words are the ones that need to be updated)

I realize that Xtranslate can compare documents if you have the original TTX, TM and new documents. Our client uses MS Word, which XTranslate doesn't handle.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

RWSTranslati (X)
RWSTranslati (X)
Germany
Local time: 12:09
German to English
+ ...
Trados 7 Jan 20, 2006

Hello

with Trados 7 you can use TagEditor (TTX files) word Word translations. Then you can use the XTranslate (ContextTM).

With kind regards

Hans

Robert Tucker (X)
Robert Tucker (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:09
German to English
+ ...
Links Jan 20, 2006

I don't know if my post (minus the MT comment) at:

http://www.proz.com/topic/39057?post_id=279349

is of any interest.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update manager for translations

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »