SDLX testing - Import of TTX files into SDLX 2005
Auteur du fil: Arnaud_Anthea
Arnaud_Anthea
Arnaud_Anthea
Local time: 19:11
anglais vers français
Jan 31, 2006

Hi everybody,

I've been asked to test the interoperability of SDLX 2005 and Trados 7.0. I've been able to successfuly import a tmx into SDLX and use it to translate some docs. My problem occurs when I try to import TTX into SDLX:

1. I tried the Exchange submenu: it imported successfuly the files but when I opened them in the Edit, they were empty.

2. I tried opening the TTX directly using the 'File - Open' menu and saving as an ITD file, but then again, the
... See more
Hi everybody,

I've been asked to test the interoperability of SDLX 2005 and Trados 7.0. I've been able to successfuly import a tmx into SDLX and use it to translate some docs. My problem occurs when I try to import TTX into SDLX:

1. I tried the Exchange submenu: it imported successfuly the files but when I opened them in the Edit, they were empty.

2. I tried opening the TTX directly using the 'File - Open' menu and saving as an ITD file, but then again, the file appeared as empty.

After some investigation, I noted that only the segments with a target part in the TTX were imported/visible in SDLX. Can any of you tell me if there is a way to get the files to show fully (without having to go to TagEditor and Open/copy source for each segment) ?

Thanks by advance
Collapse

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Allemagne
anglais vers allemand
By design Jan 31, 2006

Arnaud_Anthea wrote:

After some investigation, I noted that only the segments with a target part in the TTX were imported/visible in SDLX. Can any of you tell me if there is a way to get the files to show fully (without having to go to TagEditor and Open/copy source for each segment) ?

Thanks by advance

The thing is that a TTX file needs to be fully bilingual at the end of the translation process. That's why you need to "populate" the target part before opening the TTX in SDLX. In other words, you must feed SDLX what you expect it to spit out.

Just pre-translate the TTX from within Trados Workbench. Use your existing TM (if any) or an empty one and make sure that "Segment unknown sentences" is enabled. Then import the TTX into SDLX and off you go.

HTH,
Stefan

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
français vers allemand
+ ...
Users list Jan 31, 2006

Arnaud,

Je pense que ce groupe pourra vous aider.

[email protected]

Normalement, vous faites de ces fichiers une mémoire que vous ouvrez avec Maintain pas avec Edit.

Geneviève:)

PS : Désolée d'écrire en français, mais je suis trop fatiguée pour l'anglais...

Arnaud_Anthea
Arnaud_Anthea
anglais vers français
AUTEUR DU FIL
Je vais m'y inscrire de suite Jan 31, 2006

Merci pour l'adresse.

Le fait est: le but est de transférer à nos traducteurs ayant SDLX les fichiers TMX et TTX que nous mêmes aurions reçus de nos clients. Ceci dans le but d'élargir notre panel de traducteurs.

Arnaud_Anthea
Arnaud_Anthea
anglais vers français
AUTEUR DU FIL
Thanks a lot Jan 31, 2006

It worked great, thanks for your advice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX testing - Import of TTX files into SDLX 2005

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »