Thread poster: Mulyadi Subali
Mulyadi Subali
Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 21:30
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Apr 26, 2006

i am currently using trados, and have accumulate humongous tms. i am thinking hard of migrating to linux nowadays. will heartsome be able to convert, and use my trados tm?

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:30
English to Spanish
Export as TMX Apr 26, 2006

Mulyadi Subali wrote:
will heartsome be able to convert, and use my trados tm?

Hi Mulyadi,

Export your Trados memories to TMX format and Heartsome's tools will be able to use them without problems.

You may want to change language codes, but that's optional (Heartsome's tools use codes in "xx-YY" format by default, like "en-US" or "de-AT") . You can use a regular text editor or Heartsome's TMX Editor for changing the codes.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Mulyadi Subali
Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
conversion to tmx Apr 27, 2006

can heartsome convert the trados tm to tmx? or do i need to use other program? seems like trados can only export it to .txt, cmiiw.

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Use Trados Workbench Apr 27, 2006

Mulyadi Subali wrote:
can heartsome convert the trados tm to tmx? or do i need to use other program? seems like trados can only export it to .txt, cmiiw.

You can export Trados TM as TMX using Trados Workbench. See the "Export" option in File menu.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Mulyadi Subali
Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
heartsome upgrade policy May 2, 2006

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

Mulyadi Subali wrote:

You can export Trados TM as TMX using Trados Workbench. See the "Export" option in File menu.

Regards,
Rodolfo

can i expand the topic? i would like to know about heartsome's upgrade policy. if i wanted to upgrade my heartsome version, what would be the price? the same? lower?

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Upgrade policy May 2, 2006

Mulyadi Subali wrote:
i would like to know about heartsome's upgrade policy. if i wanted to upgrade my heartsome version, what would be the price? the same? lower?

Hi,

Heartsome publishes free updates monthly. No need to pay and pay for enhancements and corrections.

So far, Heartsome has never charged for a major upgrade. For example, all users of version 5.x received free licenses for version 6. This free upgrade policy may change when version 7 gets published, but existing users will have discounted prices for the upgrade.

Users of Personal versions don't pay a full price when upgrading to Professional version. You can check the prices at http://www.heartsome.net/EN/purchase.html

Last year all users of Personal versions of version 5 got a free upgrade to Professional when version 6 was published.

Best regards,
Rodolfo

Mulyadi Subali
Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
personal vs professional May 5, 2006

what is the difference between personal and professional versions?

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Personal vs. Professional May 5, 2006

Mulyadi Subali wrote:

what is the difference between personal and professional versions?

Hi Mulyadi,

There are no differences in translation technology or editing features.

Personal editions can only store TM data in internal databases. Professional versions can also use Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, IBM Cloudscape and HSQL to store TM data.

Internal database is enough if you work as a freelancer. If you are in a team, a shared database could be useful.

Professional editions include an "Advanced" menu with these features:

* Ability to configure any XML vocabulary for translation
* XML Catalog management to configure DTDs and Schemas
* Segmenter configuration with an SRX editor.
* XSL transformations
* Additional configuration options for the matching engine

Best regards,
Rodolfo

[Edited at 2006-05-05 19:32]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

heartsome's trados tm compability

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »