Andrew Mills
Andrew Mills  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 22:32
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Apr 20, 2014

Hi,

I apologise if this has been dealt with before, but I haven't been able to find any posts on this topic.

I use MemoQ 2013 R2, and I'm wondering if there's a way to set a negative filter in the concordance dialog box, i.e. a way to filter out TM entries containing a particular word/string so that they don't appear in the concordance search results.

In a Google search you can do this by simply placing a minus immediately before the word/string you wish to
... See more
Hi,

I apologise if this has been dealt with before, but I haven't been able to find any posts on this topic.

I use MemoQ 2013 R2, and I'm wondering if there's a way to set a negative filter in the concordance dialog box, i.e. a way to filter out TM entries containing a particular word/string so that they don't appear in the concordance search results.

In a Google search you can do this by simply placing a minus immediately before the word/string you wish to filter out, and the resuts will show pages containing your search term but not the "negatively" filtered word(s). For example, entering:

"Unita Operativa" and "Unit" -operative -operating

will return pages containing both the string "Unita Operativa" and the word "Unit", but not containing either of the words "operative" or "operating".

Is there a way to achieve a similar result in MemoQ?

Any thoughts appreciated
Andrew
Collapse

Mikhail Kropotov

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:32
English to Russian
+ ...
Link to a solution Aug 15, 2023

Sorry for necroposting, but I found this old thread via a Google search and I suspect others might, too.

A regex-based solution was discussed here in 2022.

I hope this helps whoever might stumble on this thread.

[Edited at 2023-08-15 14:40 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting a negative filter for concordance results

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »