For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Getting Started Part 1: Translating

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "SDL Trados Studio 2015 Getting Started Part 1: Translating".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

mylenegagnon
mylenegagnon  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:34
Spanish to French
+ ...
Sdl trados 2014 Sep 15, 2015

Good morning

I just want to make sure that the course can be taken when using SDL Trados 2014.

Thanks for the information.

Mylene

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Sdl trados 2014 Sep 16, 2015

mylenegagnon wrote:

Good morning

I just want to make sure that the course can be taken when using SDL Trados 2014.

Thanks for the information.

Mylene

Hello Mylene,

SDL Trados Studio 2015 delivers the same workflow as SDL Trados Studio 2014. This training course is designed for those who use, or would like to start using, SDL Trados Studio 2014 and/or SDL Trados Studio 2015. Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen

mylenegagnon
Canada
Spanish to French
+ ...
SDL in french Sep 18, 2015

Thank you Helen!
Also I wonder if there will be any SDL Trados studio training given in french?
If so, I would appreciate to get the information about the schedule.
Again thank you for your consideration.

Mylene

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
SDL in french Sep 22, 2015

mylenegagnon wrote:

Thank you Helen!
Also I wonder if there will be any SDL Trados studio training given in french?
If so, I would appreciate to get the information about the schedule.
Again thank you for your consideration.

Mylene

Hello Mylene,

There are the following sessions in French:

Nov 6 1:00pm GMT SDL Trados Studio 2015 Getting Started Part 1: Translating (in French) http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/12638

Dec 10 8:00am GMT SDL Trados Studio 2015 Getting Started Part 2: Working with the Supply Chain and Pre-production (in French) http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/12644

Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen

mylenegagnon
Canada
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thank you! Sep 28, 2015

Yes it helps!
Thanks a lot.

Mylene

Ana Catarina Lopes
Ana Catarina Lopes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:34
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
error message Studio 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Sep 28

Hello,

I have installed Studio 2015 on both my laptop and desktop today. The laptop application is working just fine, however on my desktop I cannot open any files and, when I try to, I get the following error message:

"Unexpected exception when getting view part instance of view part Translation Results"

I've already unistalled it and installed again. I've also followed the instructions to delete some of files that I have found i
... See more
Sep 28

Hello,

I have installed Studio 2015 on both my laptop and desktop today. The laptop application is working just fine, however on my desktop I cannot open any files and, when I try to, I get the following error message:

"Unexpected exception when getting view part instance of view part Translation Results"

I've already unistalled it and installed again. I've also followed the instructions to delete some of files that I have found in tech support forums, but with no results.

What shoul I do?
Collapse

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
error message Studio 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Ana Catarina Lopes wrote:

Sep 28

Hello,

I've already unistalled it and installed again. I've also followed the instructions to delete some of files that I have found in tech support forums, but with no results.

What shoul I do?

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your interest in the training.

You may wish to ask for help at the dedicated SDL Trados support forum at:

http://www.proz.com/forum/65

Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen

Margreet Mohle
Margreet Mohle  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:34
Member (2010)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Moving from Studio 2011 to 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Hello,
I have been working with 2011 quite extensively. Would this course be useful for me, or should I move straight into the intermediate stream?
Thank you,
Margreet

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Moving from Studio 2011 to 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Margreet Mohle wrote:

Hello,
I have been working with 2011 quite extensively. Would this course be useful for me, or should I move straight into the intermediate stream?
Thank you,
Margreet

Hi Margreet,

Thank you for your interest in the training. SDL Trados Studio 2015 delivers the same workflow as SDL Trados Studio 2014 or Studio 2011. This training course is designed for those who use, or would like to start using, SDL Trados Studio 2014 and/or SDL Trados Studio 2015. If you already know the basis you may wish to start from the Part 2 or Intermediate level. In order to decide, I would recommend you checking the training plan and see if you are familiar with the topics to be discussed. Remember that Certification SDL Trados sessions are not recorded thus you will have access to the work book and sample files after the class. Those who attend Getting Started Part 1 level get access to the same materials and exams as those who attend the Part 2. Hope this helps.

Happy International Translation Day!:)

My bests,
Helen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Getting Started Part 1: Translating

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »