Gina W
Gina W
United States
Local time: 07:46
Member (2003)
French to English
I can see someone falling for it May 17, 2012

lee roth wrote:

Honestly, I wonder how some of our peers could fall for it.

I can see someone falling for a scam if the person is young and/or inexperienced in the field, or just simply unfamiliar with the nature of scams. Some of us have seen this same format so many times that we don't even think twice about it, we just think "scam" and continue about our business, but what about the first time we ever received such an email? There's always a first time...

I'm glad that people post the text from such emails here, and that way if and when someone else received the same email and does a Google search, s/he has then successfully been forewarned.

But I know what you mean when you say you wonder how some of our peers could fall for it. Once you know about scams, it seems obvious.

Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 07:46
Romanian to English
+ ...
Alan Cox is hitting back the US market Jun 21, 2012

It seems he is back ! Just got a message from him.

Beware!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Overpayment scam sent by 'Alan Cox from Atlanta,Georgia'

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »