Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:23
Membro (2005)
inglês para hebraico
+ ...
Dec 6, 2008

Hi,

I have been running TO3000 (now v.9) successfully and enjoyably for several years now, and accumulated a large number of jobs/clients/invoices etc.

What I was wondering, and couldn't find any reference in the help files, is this:
is there any way to archive older jobs, or, if keeping them in the system, have them hidden or collapsed somehow?

Thanks for any tips, Doron

Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Federação Russa
inglês para russo
That depends on what you mean Dec 6, 2008

Hi Doron,

If you mean jobs and projects in the database itself, I don't think you can do anything except deleting them following the recommended hierarchy: payments>invoices>jobs>projects.
But I suspect you mean the projects from the business folder that do get on one's nerves, when there are too many of them and it becomes difficult to manage saving files into the project folders. The only way I found to handle it is to archive the TO 3000 business folder projects onto anothe
... See more
Hi Doron,

If you mean jobs and projects in the database itself, I don't think you can do anything except deleting them following the recommended hierarchy: payments>invoices>jobs>projects.
But I suspect you mean the projects from the business folder that do get on one's nerves, when there are too many of them and it becomes difficult to manage saving files into the project folders. The only way I found to handle it is to archive the TO 3000 business folder projects onto another HD (I use Winzip) and then delete all those extra project folders from your working TO 3000 business folder keeping it to a sensible minimum, say last 50 projects. Then, when you reach a maximum (say 100), run archive update function, saving all the new accumulated project folders into your archive, and delete the folders from the working TO3000 business folder. Be extra careful when running the archiving software not to select full backup. In this case the existing archive, say with 500 projects, will be simply replaced with a new archive of the same name with whatever number of projects you have in your working TO3000 business folder now and you will lose the previous 500 projects.
Collapse

Luciano Drusetta
Luciano Drusetta
Itália
Local time: 22:23
húngaro para italiano
+ ...
Date fillter Dec 6, 2008

You can simply hide & show them using date filter.

You can find it in the lower right corner of TO3000 window -- any windows: Clients, projects, Invoices...

Luciano

Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Membro (2005)
inglês para hebraico
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Thanks, colleagues Dec 9, 2008

I like the date filter idea, Luciano, but unfortunately it also filters out projects older than the specified range (say, from 1 October), so I can't see the projects which relate to the filtered jobs.

As for backup, I am not ready to do that from the program yet, Alexey, but I will delete project folders of those with whom I no longer work regularly.

Shame that no proper archiving function is available - when I first saw the expand/contract little + signs on the jobs d
... See more
I like the date filter idea, Luciano, but unfortunately it also filters out projects older than the specified range (say, from 1 October), so I can't see the projects which relate to the filtered jobs.

As for backup, I am not ready to do that from the program yet, Alexey, but I will delete project folders of those with whom I no longer work regularly.

Shame that no proper archiving function is available - when I first saw the expand/contract little + signs on the jobs display, I thought that's it, but alas, it's not that at all...

Doron

Alexey, you'll be glad to know that I bought a new pc with Vista and 3GB of memory thanks to your advice a while ago. And it works well!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TO3000 archiving tips

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »