TRADOS concordance tool
Thread poster: Henriette Iracabal
Henriette Iracabal
Henriette Iracabal  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 4, 2006

Hi! I'm fairly new to TRADOS... when I first started, everything was working properly -at least I thought it was- but now appearently I did something wrong and the concordance tool is not working at all. I'll apreciate any help

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 06:11
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
what happens? Jun 4, 2006

if you Open the concordance window and type / paste in one of already translated source segments?

Henriette Iracabal
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
is the key, not the window.... Jun 4, 2006

Hi Vito... the window does work properly, is just the key (the arrows making a cross) the one that doesn't work anymore, together with the ALT+Up shortcut... when I press then, I can hear just a noise, but no message or result is deployed.

Sorry if I'm not been too clear...

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.
Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 23:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Can you use F3? Jun 5, 2006

Hi,

The "F3" key is another way to start Concordance.

HTH

Patricia

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 06:11
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
"The cat stole my Alt+Up shortcut" Jun 5, 2006

Have you installed or activated some software lately? Looks like some other program uses the same key combination, so TWB does not get it. There's tools to find out who/what uses a certain accelator combination, but alas, I dont know offhand of any - maybe others can jump in at this point -.

Workaround: go to TWB/Translation memory Options/Concordance and check the "Start concordance search if no segment match has been found". This is at least in my case when one needs concor
... See more
Have you installed or activated some software lately? Looks like some other program uses the same key combination, so TWB does not get it. There's tools to find out who/what uses a certain accelator combination, but alas, I dont know offhand of any - maybe others can jump in at this point -.

Workaround: go to TWB/Translation memory Options/Concordance and check the "Start concordance search if no segment match has been found". This is at least in my case when one needs concordance anyhow.

Regards

Vito

[Edited at 2006-06-05 06:34]
Collapse

Henriette Iracabal
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 5, 2006

Thanks Vito... I'll try to find where did my shortcut go, but for now I did what you told me and got the concordance window activated when no segment is found for now...

By the way, the F3 doesn't seem to work either

Thanks to both anyway,

H

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS concordance tool

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »