ya7_translation
ya7_translation
Japan
Local time: 01:40
Japanese to English
+ ...
May 22, 2011

Hello,

I am manually modifying a .po/.strings file using a text editor and as you can imagine, I am destroying the format.

I have heard that poedit has a file format validation tool (e.g. detecting a missing double quotations and invalid characters), but cannot find it.

I am wondering if there is any format validation function in poedit. Or, should I use poedit for translation instead of a text editor?

As I am not familiar with this type of loc
... See more
Hello,

I am manually modifying a .po/.strings file using a text editor and as you can imagine, I am destroying the format.

I have heard that poedit has a file format validation tool (e.g. detecting a missing double quotations and invalid characters), but cannot find it.

I am wondering if there is any format validation function in poedit. Or, should I use poedit for translation instead of a text editor?

As I am not familiar with this type of localization, I would appreciate it if you give me suggestion.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Best regards,
Yukari Ando
Collapse

Yigit Ati
Yigit Ati  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:40
English to Turkish
+ ...
PO edit May 22, 2011

Simply use PO Edit. I deal with PO files very often and never have this kind of trouble thanks to PO Edit.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Validate the format of .po files

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »