How to have a web translation interface similar to Google Translate?
Thread poster: Anh Pham
Anh Pham
Anh Pham  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:36
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
May 18, 2013

I am trying to set up a crowd translating service that will allow users to translate foreign texts into Vietnamese. The set-up I have in mind is similar to Google Translate with the original source text on one side and the translation on the other side. Users will be able to provide translations to segments and other users can provide alternative translations, readers can vote the translations up/down, a draft version contains translations with the highest number of confidence votes, etc.
... See more
I am trying to set up a crowd translating service that will allow users to translate foreign texts into Vietnamese. The set-up I have in mind is similar to Google Translate with the original source text on one side and the translation on the other side. Users will be able to provide translations to segments and other users can provide alternative translations, readers can vote the translations up/down, a draft version contains translations with the highest number of confidence votes, etc.

Would the community members be so kind as to point me toward an existing platform/solution that I can use for the described project. While this is a non-profit initiative I am willing to spend some money to get it going so commercial solutions are ok too.

Thank you.

Anh Pham

[Edited at 2013-05-18 20:11 GMT]
Collapse

PamelaC (X)
PamelaC (X)
Sweden
Local time: 14:36
Creating or using existing service May 18, 2013

Hi,

I didn't understand if you want to create a webservice yourself like the one you described or if you want some advice regarding similar services.

Anh Pham
Anh Pham  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:36
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Website May 18, 2013

Thank you, Pamela. Sorry I was not clear. I wanted to set up a website for the project. The web interface needs to be similar to that of Google Translate.

Phil Hand
Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 20:36
Chinese to English
There's a guy doing something similar for Chinese May 19, 2013

See:

http://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/245327-正在做这样一个站:译者工具、公开语料、机器翻译.html

worhub.org

You could try asking him.

Personally, I think you're unlikely to get good results, but anything's worth a try...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to have a web translation interface similar to Google Translate?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »