veratek
veratek
Brasil
Local time: 21:42
francés al inglés
+ ...
firm specialized in setting up offshores Mar 9, 2011

Hi,

You could also consult firms who specialize in setting up offshore companies, although I imagine they are probably quite expensive. If you do a search on the internet, ex: Ocra.

http://www.ocra.com/about_ocra/quick_answers.asp

(Please note, I don't know anything about them, just giving an example I found on the net)

I think the best
... See more
Hi,

You could also consult firms who specialize in setting up offshore companies, although I imagine they are probably quite expensive. If you do a search on the internet, ex: Ocra.

http://www.ocra.com/about_ocra/quick_answers.asp

(Please note, I don't know anything about them, just giving an example I found on the net)

I think the best thing would be to network to find someone who you could trust for some advice. I imagine even an accounting office or lawyer who has done this before could offer reasonable prices and a reliable service.

It seems that once your offshore is set up, it's just as simple as having the company anywhere else (maybe even simpler!). I think the challenge is to obtain reliable information to make the decisions of where and how to do it. You wouldn't want to fall for a scam.

What I found surprising and puzzling is that I did a search on amazon for books on the topic and found nothing. You would think that a savvy author would have thought about writing such a book for small business owners (not the multi-billion corporations who know all about it already!).

There's also Delaware in the STates. It seems as if its very simple except for one thing:

OBTAIN A REGISTERED AGENT

Delaware law requires that every business entity have and maintain a Registered Agent in the State of Delaware who may be either an individual resident or business entity that is authorized to do business in the State of Delaware. The registered agent must have a physical street address in Delaware. You may view a list of Delaware Registered Agents on our web site. If the business is physically located in Delaware, then the business may act as its own registered agent. If the registered agent is other than the entity itself, please contact the selected Registered Agent used in your entity formation and inform them of your intentions.

http://corp.delaware.gov/howtoform.shtml
Collapse

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virtual office in Switzerland

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »