Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 06:57
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 9, 2009

Hi all,

I posted a question in another thread, but felt that it actually belongs here in the technical subforum:
http://www.proz.com/forum/translation_theory_and_practice/126545-translating_in_joomla.html

Anyone here knows which export options are available, if I want to use Trados or similar?

Best,... See more
Hi all,

I posted a question in another thread, but felt that it actually belongs here in the technical subforum:
http://www.proz.com/forum/translation_theory_and_practice/126545-translating_in_joomla.html

Anyone here knows which export options are available, if I want to use Trados or similar?

Best,

/J
Collapse

Carlo Celi
Carlo Celi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:57
English to Italian
Export addin for CAT translations in Joomla May 16, 2013

This post is quite old, however there is now an addon component for Joomla (versions 1.5-2.5) that allows exporting contents to Trados or other CAT tools and then reimport them to Joomla preserving formatting in translated texts.
It's called Joomcat (joomcat.com) and here is the link:

www.joomcat.com

[Edited at 2013-05-16 09:14 GMT]

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:57
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Have you used it? Oct 29, 2013

Are you sure it is legitimate software? Their page tries to attract Affiliates and they do not have much info about how it works, i.e. whether it works with Joomfish or not.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Joomla/joomfish export options?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »