langnet
langnet  Identity Verified
إيطاليا
Local time: 06:33
إيطالي إلى ألماني
+ ...
May 12, 2003

Question:

Would it be possible not to show the new GlossPost entries on the forum main page? Today, there\'s been a large number of new glossary entries posted with the GlossPost feature so that all other forum postings were no longer visible in the home page forum section. Well, personally I found this a little bit annoying.

Suggestion:

- create an extra \"page\" with direct access from ProZ.com Home to view all new GlossPost entri
... See more
Question:

Would it be possible not to show the new GlossPost entries on the forum main page? Today, there\'s been a large number of new glossary entries posted with the GlossPost feature so that all other forum postings were no longer visible in the home page forum section. Well, personally I found this a little bit annoying.

Suggestion:

- create an extra \"page\" with direct access from ProZ.com Home to view all new GlossPost entries

- implement an e-mail notification system similar to KudoZ (\"GlossPost alert - a new glossary link has been posted\") This would prevent the main page forums section from beeing inundated by GlossPost notifications.

All the best, you\'re doing a great job, it can only get better!

Collapse

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
ليتوانيا
Local time: 07:33
عضو (2010)
أنجليزي إلى روسي
+ ...
Re: GlossPost entries shown on the forums main page May 12, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-12 17:26, langnet wrote:

- implement an e-mail notification system similar to KudoZ (\"GlossPost alert - a new glossary link has been posted\") This would prevent the main page forums section from beeing inundated by GlossPost notifications.

Though I was one of the initiators of GlossPost entries showing on the forums main page I agree with langnet that ... See more
Quote:

On 2003-05-12 17:26, langnet wrote:

Though I was one of the initiators of GlossPost entries showing on the forums main page I agree with langnet that today we have too many of them.

And I support his/her idea about an e-mail notification system similar to KudoZ - I think that will be an ideal solution.

Regards,

Nikita Kobrin ▲ Collapse

Maria Eugenia Farre
Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
البرازيل
Local time: 01:33
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
+ ...
It's a bug May 12, 2003

Hi everyone,

It\'s a bug and will soon be fixed. Please disregard.

Thanks for your patience,

ME

langnet
langnet  Identity Verified
إيطاليا
Local time: 06:33
إيطالي إلى ألماني
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Thank you for this info! May 12, 2003

Still, an e-mail notification feature wouldn\'t be such a bad idea .

Just an idea...

Cheers!

Claudia

Maria Eugenia Farre
Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
البرازيل
Local time: 01:33
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
+ ...
Notification feature Feb 22, 2004

langnet wrote:

Still, an e-mail notification feature wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Just an idea...

Cheers!

Claudia

Hi Claudia

We'd love to have a notification and URL requesting feature. It's in the plans, not sure when it's going to be implemented.

ME

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

مشرفو هذا المنتدى
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GlossPost entries shown on the forums main page

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »