Thread poster: Dawid Mazela, MA, MCIL
Cristina Crişan
Cristina Crişan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 17:04
English to Romanian
+ ...
TransferWise Oct 13, 2018

I have a borderless account and also customers who use TW to pay me directly into my local bank account, but for some of my customers PayPal works best.
So far, I only used my PayPal balance for shopping (an electric scooter just days ago!) and donations, but now that I have my USD card I might also withdraw money in the future.
I don't let PayPal convert my money. My customers pay me in USD, my main currency is set to USD and I only plan to withdraw to my USD card.
PayPal will
... See more
I have a borderless account and also customers who use TW to pay me directly into my local bank account, but for some of my customers PayPal works best.
So far, I only used my PayPal balance for shopping (an electric scooter just days ago!) and donations, but now that I have my USD card I might also withdraw money in the future.
I don't let PayPal convert my money. My customers pay me in USD, my main currency is set to USD and I only plan to withdraw to my USD card.
PayPal will get USD 2.5 per withdrawal.
I can live with that.

[Edited at 2018-10-14 05:41 GMT]
Collapse

James Carry
James Carry
India
Hindi to English
+ ...
PayPal Alternatives to use Dec 18, 2020

Cristina Crişan wrote:

PayPal will get USD 2.5 per withdrawal.
I can live with that.

[Edited at 2018-10-14 05:41 GMT]

I've been using PayPal all my life. Recently, I came across a website which provides you with tonnes of information about PayPal and and its alternative, here is the link for the same: https://ppcurrencyconverter.com/paypal-alternatives

Hope this is useful to you'll!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal: currency conversion with no fees

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »