OmegaT
Afishuesi i rubrikës: Alessandro Cattelan (X)
Alessandro Cattelan (X)
Alessandro Cattelan (X)
Itali
Local time: 07:17
anglisht në italisht
+ ...
May 24, 2004

Hi everybody,
I've just joined proz.com and still don't know how this forum works so I decided to post this question here: whatever the subject may be, it can't be offtopic in here! ;o)

Some time ago I downloaded OmegaT and used it both on Windows and Linux. I could follow the instructions and get it working without any problem.

Today I tried it out again on my new Linux (Mepis) but it doesn't seem to work properly. When I start the program and load the project I
... See more
Hi everybody,
I've just joined proz.com and still don't know how this forum works so I decided to post this question here: whatever the subject may be, it can't be offtopic in here! ;o)

Some time ago I downloaded OmegaT and used it both on Windows and Linux. I could follow the instructions and get it working without any problem.

Today I tried it out again on my new Linux (Mepis) but it doesn't seem to work properly. When I start the program and load the project I created, it opens in a single window which confuses me a bit... How am I supposed to use it? The previous version I used some time ago displayed the project in three different fields (if I recall correctly) and it was self evident how to work with it.

I don't know if it's a bug in the version I'm using or if OmegaT has radically changed... OR if it's me who just can't understand how it works!)

Is there a new manual or something out there?

BTW I'm using version 1.3.5 downloaded from sourceforge on a Mepis Debian with Blackdown J2re1.4 installed.

Thanks to anyone who can help,
a.
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Gjermani
Local time: 07:17
anglisht në gjermanisht
+ ...
OmT 1.3.5 May 25, 2004

Hello Alessandro,

I assume you've been working with OmT 1.0.2 so far. The newer 1.3.x series' layout has been polished a bit, and is using one single wondow only.

However, the latest available version is 1.3.14 and can be found here.
(You may have to join the group to download the file.)

The layout is a bit different from 1.3.5
... See more
Hello Alessandro,

I assume you've been working with OmT 1.0.2 so far. The newer 1.3.x series' layout has been polished a bit, and is using one single wondow only.

However, the latest available version is 1.3.14 and can be found here.
(You may have to join the group to download the file.)

The layout is a bit different from 1.3.5: There is a seperate window for fuzzy matches and glossary entries.

HTH.

Sonja

P.S.
Marc has updated the documentation. The files can be found here.

[Edited at 2004-05-25 06:46]
Collapse

Nuk ka asnjë moderator të caktuar veçanërisht për këtë forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

OmegaT

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »