Poll: What makes you want to participate in ProZ.com Next polls?
Afishuesi i rubrikës: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
PERSONEL I KËSAJ FAQEJE INTERNETI
Sep 22

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What makes you want to participate in ProZ.com Next polls?".

View the poll results »



Ahsan Khan
 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugali
Local time: 21:10
Anëtar qysh 2007
anglisht në portugalisht
+ ...
Other Sep 22

I enjoy the polls and check them daily. I don’t mind at all when they shy away from professional subject matters, from time to time I just want to have some fun. It’s kind of an ice-breaker. That’s why I have been a ‘frequent flyer’ since 2007. It’s a light yet interesting way of finding out what my peers think about a lot of questions and how they react. I’ve occasionally suggested new poll topics.

Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Philip Lees
 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
Belgjikë
Local time: 22:10
Anëtar qysh 2020
frëngjisht në holandisht
+ ...
Less and less interested Sep 22

The last few months my interest in responding to poll questions has significantly dropped. This is mainly due to the repetitiveness of the poll questions in general. After 6 years in these forums I've answered to most questions multiple times and I just don't feel like endlessly repeating myself about the same things (and spare me the questions about "Do you fear...", "What are the biggest risks...", "Do you think you will be replaced..." bla bla bla, they are absolutely irrelevant and a terribl... See more
The last few months my interest in responding to poll questions has significantly dropped. This is mainly due to the repetitiveness of the poll questions in general. After 6 years in these forums I've answered to most questions multiple times and I just don't feel like endlessly repeating myself about the same things (and spare me the questions about "Do you fear...", "What are the biggest risks...", "Do you think you will be replaced..." bla bla bla, they are absolutely irrelevant and a terrible waste of time).

The polls I'm still interested in are about translators' income and workload and about real technological developments in the translation field.
▲ Collapse


Yaotl Altan
Michael Newton
 
Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Kili
Local time: 17:10
spanjisht në anglisht
+ ...
Precious little Sep 22

But there are times when 'precious little' goes a long way to filling a gap in life's daily routine.
Like while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil for my breakfast coffee, without which the 'daily routine' never really gets off the ground.
JL


writeaway
Philip Lees
Francesca Grandinetti
 
Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Gjermani
Local time: 22:10
gjermanisht në anglisht
+ ...
What are "ProZ.com Next" polls? Sep 22

The same as the so-called "Quick polls"?

Philip Lees
Maria Laura Curzi
 
Le Zhang
Le Zhang  Identity Verified
Kinë
Local time: 04:10
Anëtar qysh 2021
anglisht në kinezisht
+ ...
Relevant Sep 23

I'd like the topics to be more relevant to a translator or interpreter's life and work. Many polls don't look like they are posed by people who have a true knowledge about the profession.

Zea_Mays
Maria Laura Curzi
 
Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Greqi
Local time: 23:10
greqisht në anglisht
Same question Sep 23

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:

The same as the so-called "Quick polls"?

I would also like to know what "ProZ.com Next polls" are.

Or is this another ProZ "spot the typo" exercise?


 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
Belgjikë
Local time: 22:10
Anëtar qysh 2020
frëngjisht në holandisht
+ ...
New website Sep 23

Philip Lees wrote:
I would also like to know what "ProZ.com Next polls" are.

Or is this another ProZ "spot the typo" exercise?


I believe "Proz.com Next" is the name of the new website. I've seen it show up somewhere, but I don't remember where exactly.

EDIT: there's a button "New ProZ.com" on the homepage. If you hover over it another button appears: "Switch to Proz/Next". It's all a bit unclear.

[Bijgewerkt op 2026-09-23 06:40 GMT]


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorët e këtij forumi
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What makes you want to participate in ProZ.com Next polls?






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »